Remove Makeup With Just Water?! - Makeup Eraser Review // MissBeautyEmily

18:49

Makeup Eraser Review
Do you remember when the makeup eraser became a big thing a year or so ago? Well it's back and I got the chance to put it to the test! Is it really possible to remove makeup with just water and a cloth? I'm going to talk you through my honest thoughts of the eraser and whether I think it's worth the price tag of £17.50 (From Qwerkity)


How does it work?

The makeup eraser is made from knitted polyester and silk fibre which when combined with water creates the process of which breaks up the oil that bonds makeup to the skin. There are two different sides, one being the side you use to remove the makeup and the other side (which has the tag on it) is the exfoliation side that you can use to gently remove dead skin cells during the process. The eraser is perfect for any type of skin types like sensitive skin and can be used for all makeup, including waterproof!
Luckily, this cloth can be washed up to 100 times which makes it a lot more cost effective compared to makeup wipes (and also eco-friendly due to no waste!). It's advised to wash the cloth before use so that all the loose fibres and colouring is completely gone before putting it near the skin.


How did it perform?
Using water and a cloth is not a normal thing for me to do so admittedly it was weird at first! But it began removing my makeup instantly and all my base products came off with ease as you can probably already see from the orange marks on the cloth! Eye makeup was a little bit harder to remove due to the mascara but magically, it did the job! After focusing on the eyes for a few minutes, they were completely free from any makeup including mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner. It did give me pretty bad panda eyes though so I had to keep going back in underneath to remove any traces which proved a task but it wasn't too troublesome! The whole process didn't take me long and felt less harsh to my skin compared to wipes as I didn't need to tug or pull it which is never advised especially near the eyes!


Results
This was the end result of my makeup removal and I was actually surprised it wasn't more marked up due to wearing a lot of mascara and liner. You can't remove the black stains from the cloth so it needs to be machine washed after a few uses if you want to keep it hygienic and clean, however the foundation came out with a few squeezes in the water.


Is it worth it?
The Makeup Eraser definitely does what it says on the box, it removes makeup easily with water including waterproof and does so with ease. It felt good on the skin and didn't take too long either which I was pleased about as I'm guilty of being lazy when it comes to taking off my makeup. The price tag may seem a bit pricey at first but due to it being reusable and washable, it would definitely save you money in the long run and I like the fact there will be no landfill waste. I think this would be perfect for someone who cannot use products on the skin due to either allergies or sensitivity because this literally only uses water which should not be a problem for most. I definitely enjoyed using this item and would give it a thumbs up! 
You can check out the Makeup Eraser here

Have you ever tried a makeup removal tool like this? What are your thoughts?

- Emily x

(Credit to the BF Matthew for the photos!)

* I was sent this item for review but not paid. All opinions are my own and 100% honest

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I am so amazed that this works! Whenever I wear mascara, it takes tons of cleanser to get the panda eyes off, so it's just honestly mind blowing that water and this cloth will get all the makeup off! And how nice that it's eco-friendly, too.

    xx
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I so want to try it out!

    Michelle| www.brokebutflawless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try this for so long and I found out that Makeup Revolution do one for £9.99 so I might even get that one to test it out and then if I do like it I'll repurchase the more expensive one then.

    Lisa | Soho Stripes

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram