Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kits Review & Swatches // MissBeautyEmily

19:33


Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kits - Review & Swatches
So you may be aware that I reviewed these lip kits over on my YT channel here, but I've decided to do a blog post too for those people who prefer to read about products and see photo swatches! This post has also allowed me to review these lip kits in even more depth as I've had them longer and been able to experiment. Want to know if these £6 lip kits are worth it? Let's find out..


What's included?
Just like any lip kit, you get a liquid lipstick and matching lip liner inside a very chic looking black and gold rectangular box. There are 8 shades available which range from nudes, browns, purples and a very daring green so there's sure to be a shade you love! These certain kits are all matte but MUR are releasing some metallics and also glosses so keep your eyes peeled for reviews on those!


The quality of the lip kits
So it's all well and good having a product that looks amazing but what's the point if it doesn't perform the same? Thankfully these lip kits definitely delivered and for £6 they are a steal! The liquid lipsticks are very pigmented and glide onto the lips effortlessly. 3 of the 4 shades only needed one layer and dried within a minute which meant I didn't have to faff around whilst I waited for the product to dry. I didn't find any of the shades to be drying and it felt like I didn't even have any product on! The lip liners were also a hit for me, they are exceptionally creamy and allow you to create a perfect shape around your lips without dragging the skin (which I find a lot of cheap liners to do!). All the liners appear to be slightly darker than the lipstick and match in perfectly with their pair.




Regal
I'm going to start off with this gorgeous bright red named Regal. I must admit, I didn't expect it to be so bright going off the packaging swatch but I still think it's a beautiful shade, especially for those with pale skin like me! The pigmentation of this red is amazing, especially since it's such a bright daring colour. This look was achieved with just one layer of the lipstick and it dried within a minute or two. The liner isn't quite visible but I like the fact it blends well, I hate when it's obvious that your lips have been lined and the shade doesn't blend in. I've not worn this shade for long periods of time but when I did, it stayed on really well and there was no transfer at all, result! 




Echelon
This shade is my favourite of the four! Echelon is a gorgeous brown nude that would compliment all skin tones! I think on darker skin it may look more pinky toned rather than brown like it does on me! The pigmentation once again is astonishing for £6 and I only applied one layer. I think this may be one of MUR best selling shades from the matte range so definitely be quick if you want this one.




Reign
Reign is quite similar to Echelon but is more pink based rather than brown. I would definitely wear this shade on a daily basis along with Echelon as it's a great nude to go with everything. The pigmentation and quality delivered very well on this shade which I'm super happy with and it wore throughout the day really well, just a few touch ups in the middle portion of my lips when drinking and eating.




Royal
Wow! What a shade. This is truly a gorgeous majestic purple, perhaps not for daily use but definitely for an occasion. The quality of this liquid lipstick isn't as good as the other three since it applies quite patchy and I had to put on three layers of it just to get the look above. I also found that because it is such a bold colour, if you don't get all your lip (and the inner portion) covered, you can see your skin through the shade, especially when you talk! Obviously this isn't the look I'd go for but for this picture it was a quick 'lets get it on and swatched' photo rather than taking my time as if I was about to wear it for the whole day so I feel if I'd spent a bit more time properly applying it then it would look a lot better. However, I really liked the liner as it met the standards of the other shades and matched the lipstick nicely.


Final thoughts
These lip kits are a fabulous alternative if you can't afford the Kylie Jenner lip kits or just don't want to splash out when you can get a good alternative. Personally I can't compare the kits as I only own the Candy K liquid lipstick so I don't think I could fairly put them up against each other but I do know that I'd happily pay £6 for MUR's kits against Kylie's as the quality is decent enough already!

What do you think? Are you digging these dupes from MUR? 

- Emily x

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. I can't wait for mine to come in the post!! And have you seen the gloss kits launching soon 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these look amazing! Agree that the second one is be-au-tiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These absolutely look like Kylie dupes, which I'm not complaining about at all! I've seen these going round but not read much about them, so after reading this I definitely think I'll be making a few purchases some time soon. Echelon is gorgeous! Great review!

    XO
    Ashley
    https://ashlexyz.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh why I have never seen these before! I love the Kylie ones but they're far too expensive for me, so might have to give these ones a try! Great review!

    - just-jades-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echelon suits you so well, Emily! It's the perfect match for your skin tone, you look stunning! I'm a big fan of Regal too, nothing better to brighten your day than a bold red lip! I'd definitely like to try out Royal because I'm a big fan of berry shades, they work well with my dark hair and eyes haha! Thanks for sharing!

    Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look wonderful on you Emily! I can't wait to buy some of these but anytime I've found them in stores they are all colours I won't wear ha. Definitely need to try Echelon!

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Regal! That looks amazing on you. I watched your video and I really like how you presented it. Great write up I may have to I get in one of these kits!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lush 😍 I am definitely digging all the shades 💗 I think Royal will be making its way into my makeup collection very soon 🙊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow! I am seeing these for the first time and I am glad to read that these are on par for the price! Definitely looking forward to picking these. <3 Gorgeous swatches, by the way! xx

    Jadirah Sarmad at Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do really like the look of these, I am also hoping there will be more shades to choose from x

    ReplyDelete
  11. so want to get my hands on these! they look so good for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these I keep forgetting to pick them up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Royal is an absolute perfect shade, I love the colour so much! they're such good value for the money and I really want to buy them all now after this post x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh Emily! these all look so good! 'Reign' is definitely my fave!

    Holly xx
    hollysbeautybox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Royal is my fave although I like echlon. Shame that royal was a little bit patchy though x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Echelon looks amazing on you! I think I'm done with buying liquid lipsticks, I have far too many to get through, but these look like a great and affordable alternative to the Kylie lip kits.

    www.lovefrommaira.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh these look amazing! they colour pay off for £6 is insane! I need them all! 🙊 Fab post lovely xxx
    Rachel | www.rachelxblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This post was really interesting as I've heard nothing but bad reviews on this so I've no idea what to think now! I definitely agree that the last shade looks really patchy and not as great!
    Lots of love, debra x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Echelon and Reign are definitely more wearable colours but the red and purple are equally as stylish! These look to be pretty decent quality for the price! Cheap enough to buy every shade! Great post Emily :)

    Sian x
    http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Makeup Revolution has to be my fave brand now! Especially with how affordable it is, I can't wait to try these! Thanks for the review! :)

    Love From, V x

    http://love-from-v.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg these look so beautiful. I need to pick myself some of these up as soon as possible, thanks so much for sharing these and making me aware of them. 💗✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    www.AlishaValerie.com | www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Makeup Revolution and definitely going to have to try these now! Regal looks like an amazing red. Echelon definitely suits you the best I think! Gorgeous!

    Love, V x
    http://love-from-v.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram