Beauty On A Budget: Essence Products // MissBeautyEmily

14:47

Essence Products
Beauty On A Budget: Essence Products
Being able to buy makeup for a couple of pounds is always such a bargain but does the product actually work? A lot of the time you really do get what you pay for so I've decided to do a post about some Essence products that are all very inexpensive and give them a whirl! I have a few nail polishes, an eyeliner, mascara and lip product to test for you today and hopefully this could turn into a future series on my blog!


Essence Shine Shine Shine Gloss
Shine Shine Shine Wet Look Lipgloss
Claiming to be a smooth, supple gloss that has a wet look effect, this is only £2 to buy! First impressions, I loved the packaging and the colour (Shade 12) but was certain this was going to be sticky, gooey and not very pigmented. I'm not a big lip gloss fan anyway just because my hair gets stuck to the gloss in any slight breeze but I had to admit, this product surprised me a lot. Swatched and on the lips it is intensely pigmented and this shade in particular oozes a gorgeous bright berry tone which is not patchy. It glides on smoothly and I didn't find it to be sticky nor gooey which considering this is £2, I was quite surprised! They do quite a few other shades in this collection and I'm very tempted to pick up some more since I enjoyed wearing this gloss. Of course, the durability of this product isn't long since it's a gloss so it does need to be topped up throughout the day.

Essence Shine Shine Shine Swatch
(Swatch of shade 12)


Essence Cushion Liner
Essence The Cushion Eyeliner
When I opened this product up I was so intrigued by it! I have never seen nor tried an eyeliner that is inside a foamy cushion and didn't have a clue what to expect. This one from Essence is £3 once again a fab bargain and I gave it a quick swatch on the back of my hand and couldn't believe the result. The line was super pigmented and intensely black without needing to go over it more than once. It took seconds to dry and did not budge when touched which is exactly what I want with an eyeliner! It even took a few wipes to get it off with a makeup wipe so I knew this product was going to be a very long lasting one. I use this eyeliner with an angled brush and simply glide the bristles along the sponge and apply it like any other eyeliner. It's so simple to use and I would definitely recommend it for both beginners and experts when it comes to liner.

Essence Cushion Liner Swatch
(Swatch of the cushion eyeliner)


Essence Nail Polishes
Out Of Space Stories & Colour Boost Nail Polish
I've heard a lot of people really rate Essence nail polishes so I was pretty pleased to know I was soon going to find out whether they are worth it or not. I absolutely love the packaging of the 'Out Of Space Stories' range and this particular shade (01 Outta Space Is The Place) is a beautiful colour. I swatched it on a nail and as you can see, it's a pearlescent pink shade which would be a lovely subtle colour on the nails itself or could be a lovely polish topper on a different coloured base. I did not think the polish would be very pigmented just because I've tried polishes like this before and you have to add about 5 layers to even see the colour but the swatch you can see was only 1 layer! This range of polish is £2 and they do lots of different space inspired shades.
The Colour Boost range is only £1.80.. yes you heard me right, I can't quite believe it myself. For under £2 you get a super intense colour in one swipe (as it claims!). This blue colour (Shade 11) is very different to what I'd usually go for but I've now got it on my toe nails and I'm loving it. The quality of the polish is better than more expensive polishes I've tried and I would 100% recommend them. I still can't quite get over the fact that the swatch above is just one layer.. it's crazy!

Essence Lash Extension Mascara
Essence Lash Extension Mascara
I do love testing new mascaras and hunting for the next best from the drugstore! The bottle of this one is super cute and I love the contrast of the purple and black with the textured lid. This particular mascara is £3 and contains lengthening fibres to enhance lash length and volume. I didn't see too many fibres on the actual mascara wand but when applied to my lashes, they did seem to look longer and more voluminous but in a natural way. It claims to last up to 18hrs too which I haven't personally tested myself but I haven't experience any panda eyes, fibre fall out or loss of curl so I think it could last a pretty good amount of time. I love to layer this upon other mascaras too so that I get the fullness from one and then the lengthening of this one and it doesn't cake up or go spidery so that's another bonus.

Essence Lash Extension Mascara Wand
(Closeup of the lash extension wand)

I'm so pleasantly surprised by the items I tried from Essence and can't get over how inexpensive they are for the quality. I feel the nail polishes shocked me the most just because of their pigmentation vs the price. The eyeliner too was a really fun product to try and I loved how the applicator was completely different to anything I've tried before.

Have you tried Essence? What are your favourite products from them?

- Emily x

(I was sent these products for reviewing purposes only, I was not paid for this post. All opinions are my own)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram