Is Dollibox Worth It? (May & June 2017 Roundup) // MissBeautyEmily

14:28

Dollibox May & June Overview
I'll admit I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! I've been super busy with finishing up my beauty therapist course whilst getting ready for the summer season at work! So of course, my posts have been a little lacking. Fear not, I'm making up for it by featuring two fabulous Dolliboxes that I think you all need in your life. These boxes are unfortunately not available now but this can give you an insight on whether Dollibox is worth it and the quality of products you can expect from month to month.


Dollibox: May
May's box featured an array of products including makeup wipes, hair treatments, brow powders and even some jewellery! I enjoyed the May box for the variety of items found inside, I had something for pretty much everywhere on my body whilst also being able to accessorise! 


Dollibox: May
So what exactly was featured?
Clever Cat Eyebrow Palette - This palette has lovely packaging, although my label got stuck to the box so ruined it slightly! The shades in the palette were quite dark which could work for my brows as I do have naturally deep brows but I feel for anyone with a fair/medium shade would very much struggle to use this. It would have been nice to see a palette with a few more shades so it could be used by everyone but it could definitely be used in other ways.

Focallure Blush - A beautiful shade was featured in my box! I'm unsure whether everyone received the same shade but I was pleased with mine. I've never tried Focallure so it was interesting to try a new product and I was really impressed with the pigment and formula of it. 

Deborella Accessories - The 'Mermaid Life' necklace was a really cute addition in the box and I fell in love when I saw it! It isn't something I'd typically wear, however I feel like it could work as a lovely prop piece in photos or even just to style with some outfits that I feature on the blog.

Seacret Makeup Wipes - I'm not one to experiment with makeup wipes so when I discovered this in the box, I was quite intrigued to see whether they were worth the RRP stated of £20! I've been using these on and off lately and I do like them, but I wouldn't personally pay that much for them as they don't do much more than my cheap superdrug ones! However, I'm really glad Dollibox featured them so that I got the chance to try them.

Cougar Rich Honey Moisturiser - This item was one I felt like I wasn't going to get much use out of but it's actually a really useful item. It contains honey which is actually a natural antiseptic which boasts healing properties and provides lots of moisture! Even though I'm oily and don't need much help in that area, anything that is antiseptic usually draws out so much moisture from my skin so this very much loved.

Palmers Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment - I absolutely love hair treatments, especially since my hair is coloured and could do with some love. I've always seen Palmers as a really reputable brand so I was very interested in this treatment.

Overall: Some good items, not the best one from them but still a fab selection for £10


Dollibox: June
June's box was full of mostly new brands for me and I really enjoyed what this one had to offer. June seemed to feature a lot skin care items that would be vital during the summer months whilst also a funky mermaid brush that I'm obsessing over.


Dollibox: June
So what exactly was featured?
Popfeel Concealer - I was really impressed to see this concealer as it gave me LA Girl vibes which I've always wanted to try. I wish there has been a paler shade supplied since this shade would definitely not be a concealer for me, however it could possibly work as a liquid contour? I haven't been brave enough to try it quite yet but.. one day!

Wax Melt Bakery - Seeing a pink glittery item in this box made my girly heart jump for joy! Who doesn't love anything pink and sparkly right?? This is a gorgeous looking wax melt which I've yet to burn because it's just too nice to look at. The best part is they're only £1.30 so I feel myself buying a ton more after I burn this one.

Palmers Sunscreen Lotion - As discussed above, Palmers has always seemed a reputable brand to me so to find another of their products in a box made me happy. I actually went and popped this immediately into my little backpack for the day since it was a super hot day for us Brits (shock horror.. the UK got sun?!) and I applied a layer before going on a lovely walk with the boyfriend. It left my legs feeling nourished, protected and soft which is exactly what I need since I burn way too easily.

Seacret Hand Cream - Seacret starred in last month's Dollibox and here is another of their products. Their brand seem to be a little pricey (for me personally) so I was all for having it feature in this box as I then get to see whether it's worth the price tag or not. I hate using hand cream in the hotter months as it make my hands feel super oily so I've not tried this one yet but I really need to get into the habit of using them, despite the nasty feeling!

Mermaid Brush - Of course this brush had me head over heels. Who can resist a mermaid style brush with ombre bristles!? Not me! I got what seemed to be a buffing brush or even perhaps a little contour brush. I don't think I'll be using it for makeup as it's too pretty to ruin but it's definitely going to feature in my blog photos! These can be exclusively purchased through Dollibox and you can even get 20% off currently.

Perfect Pout Lip Balm - I first received the coconut lip balm but it leaked everywhere in the box. The delivery guy had clearly bashed my box around a lot, leaving it looking very tatty and the box itself dented. I contacted Dollibox just to make them aware of the issue and to maybe pass on feedback to the courier service for future reference but they very kindly went out of their way to ship me another lip balm, this time the 'Cool Cola' flavour. These lip balms are so moisturising and I love to pop them on before bed to avoid any dryness in the morning.

Tweezers - I feel like the tweezers were an added little bonus as they are not listed on the Dollibox list of contents and there is no mention of them. These came in a lovely hot pink colour and I always find use for them.

Overall - I preferred this box to the May box just because it contained more items that I would get use out of and reach for more often. The quality of these products also seemed a lot higher than the previous box which I'm glad to see.

Dollibox is a monthly subscription service with lots of different payment plans available to suit you needs. The box is only £10 (plus p&p) but a saving can be made with the payment plans mentioned above! I'm definitely a big fan of Dollibox and it is a service I would highly recommend.

- Emily x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've heard of Dollibox before but it's seems a pretty nice subscription also I love the mermaid brush it looks so cute!

    Michelle| www.brokebutflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen lots of different subscriptions boxes and they seem fab!
    Looks like you got lots of treats in here; random question, is the mermaid brush from Indy Luxe's new range??
    Fab post!
    Charlotte🖤
    http://theporcelaindollblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with that mermaid brush! And I love the variety of products you got in both of these boxes. I'm always on the hunt for an eyebrow kit and the one from your May box sounds like it might work for me!

    xx
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when viewing from my apple iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to resolve this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share. Appreciate it! paypal login my account

    ReplyDelete

  5. Excellent post! We will be linking to this great article on our site. Keep up the great writing. netflix account

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mortgage guidelines in Canada include limits on minimum downpayment, maximum amortization periods, and mandatory mortgage default insurance or CMHC insurance for certain mortgages. mortgage payment calculator This calculator steps you through the task of finding out simply how much you can borrow. mortgage payment calculator canada

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram