Direct Cosmetics: Branded Makeup For Cheap?! // MissBeautyEmily

16:57

Hello everyone! 
So if you've been a reader of my blog for a while then you would know that I have worked with Direct Cosmetics before (back in March 2016 I believe!) and really loved their company and products. I was recently contacted by them again to see if I would be interested in working with them once more and I was very happy to do so.
What I love the most is all the makeup and perfume on their site is genuine branded items but for cheaper prices than what you would pay in-store. 
Today I will be talking about three items, all very different from each other which I felt would be perfect to showcase their range of items. If you're interested in seeing the quality of the products and how you can get discounted cosmetics, keep on reading!


Cargo Vintage Escape Palette
When I first saw this palette on Direct Cosmetics, I fell in love! It has perfect colours for Autumn, a great range and looked like an Anastasia Beverley Hill's palette! 
This palette was priced at £9.99 compared to the RRP of £24.50 which I was very impressed with! It immediately went into my selection of items and I could not wait to try it out. Cue the swatches...


(Top row - L-R: Black Crow, Twigs, Cinnamon, Frolic, Cuddle, Harvest Moon)

Now if we ignore the fact that the first two shades are pretty much my skin colour and therefore don't swatch very well... how amazing are these shades? There are two matte shades amongst the four other shimmers. Harvest Moon is a lovely creamy beige colour and Black Crow is a browny black. The other four shades consist of pinky beiges, browns and blue-blacks which contain a perfect amount of shimmer that doesn't look overboard but glistens! 


(Top row - L-R: Chestnut, Rustic, Withered Leaves, Autumn, Hot Cocoa, Crisp)

I think this row has to my favourite, I think it's because I found these shades to be the most pigmented! This row contains three mattes -- Hot Cocoa is a lovely light brown, Autumn is an orange and Chestnut is a gorgeous deep brown. The other three shades contain a shimmery cream, dark green and burnt orange/brown which are stunning against my complexion (if I may say so myself..). 


The palette is very unique in the sense that the actual case has that leather look and feel to it (obviously not real though) but it makes it seem a lot more expensive and luxurious than the price tag would suggest.
The brush included is also of good quality, it's not one of those flimsy sponge applicators or ones with scratchy bristles. The brush is double ended with an angled eye brush one side and a fluffy brush the other. 


Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Moisture Cream
I absolutely love Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream so thought I'd pick something else up from the range. I decided on this moisture cream that looked like it would be great for winter. Now I'm not going to talk too much about this product because unfortunately it broke me out.. very badly! 


(Excuse the unfocused photo but my camera just did not want to focus on the pot?!)
Now I have oily skin and this moisturiser is really meant for someone with dry or ageing skin since it's a heavy duty cream so this is probably my fault to why it didn't work for me. I really loved the feel of the cream though, it hydrated my face nicely and didn't leave my face feeling like it had a residue on it. I wasn't a fan of the fragrance but I was never keen on the 8 hour cream scent so decided to look past this and judge on the product entirely. As I said, this cream did break me out and not just a few tiny spots here and there, it gave me nasty, almost boil like spots on my chin, nose, forehead and right by my lip! This of course has nothing to do with Direct Cosmetics and I'm thankful that I got the chance to get it from them since it gives you the chance to try out products for a lot cheaper and it won't matter so much if something bad like this happens. I will be passing this over to my mum to use as her skin is a lot dryer and I don't think it will break her out like it did to me!
For anyone interested in trying this cream out, it is available on DC for £16.99 instead of the RRP of £45!



Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick - Ravishing Rouge
I've never actually tried any of these lippies from the Maybelline collection so thought I'd pick this one up to see how it is. This is a gorgeous bright red lip colour which is moisturising and almost like a lip balm with lots of pigmentation! The packaging makes it look like a liquid lipstick but the white lid actually pops off to reveal a lipstick beneath. 

As you can see from this swatch, this lip colour is intensely pigmented and is a beautiful red. I find red lipsticks can be quite tricky to apply, especially if they are drying but this one has properties of a lip balm too which makes it really moisturising and easy to wear on the lips. It does mean transferring is a little inevitable and probably not the 14hr lasting finish it states but I couldn't put that to the test since I only wear bright colours for an event or party which usually only last a few hours. But for the time that I wore it, it gave me a beautiful tint to my lips and wore evenly instead of giving me that patchy look in the centre of the lips after a few drinks (That's not a good look!). You can grab this lipstick for £2.99 instead of £6.99

So what about the company itself?
As I said at the start, I have already worked with Direct Cosmetics before so I knew that they would be a pleasure to deal with again but if you're a new customer then I can assure you that you will be dealing with a professional service and a company that always keep the customer as #1. Their delivery times are superb, I received my parcel within a few days of placing my order and my items were packaged very securely to avoid any breakages (which is vital since they sell perfumes too). Their website explains the authenticity of all the products and can be found on their FAQ. 

If you're interested in getting makeup for a lot cheaper then go and check out their website here .. you'll thank me for it later!

You can find their social media here:
Instagram: @DirectCosmetics
Twitter: @DirectCosmetics
Facebook: @DirectCosmetics.com
Main page: Direct Cosmetics


- Emily x
* I was sent these products for reviewing purposes only and was not paid for this post. All opinions are genuine and my own.

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I have never heard of this website before, but seems like you picked a good selection. It's always exciting when you find a high-end product for a bargain price! Sorry the cream didn't work out for you though, at least you enjoy the other two products - strange how some things work for some people but not others; I really did not like the Maybelline lipstick personally!

    www.lovefrommaira.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like being a child in a candy store, you just don't know what to pick and want everything hahah! But thank you. It is indeed a shame but I'm sure my mum will get a good use out of it so it won't be wasted. Aw no! What don't you like about it? x

      Delete
  2. Oh I have never heard the this company before but will check it out! The palette is gorgeous!!! Also I've always avoided EA skincare as I too have oily skin, a shame it broke you out :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to! I absolutely love browsing on their site. The palette is probably my favourite of them all! I'm going to bear that in mind and steer clear from the skin care, obviously it's not good for oily skin! x

      Delete
  3. £2.99 for the lipstick? What that is crazy! I love your pictures and swatches. Great post xx

    http://louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's mental (but so good!). Thanks very much x

      Delete
  4. That palette is so beautiful babe and this website sounds awesome. I can't wait to check it out, thanks so much for sharing! 💖💜💙

    With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    www.AlishaValerie.com || www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this site before but I'm deffo gonna check it out

    Warm wishes
    Jazziepickles

    Www.jazziepickles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that palette looks like amazing quality!! And such a decent price too, gonna have to check this website out, it's so difficult to get any discount with beauty products.

    Oh also your swatch photos are PERFECT!!!

    Lots of love Izzy | www.ADoseOfChatter.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours here! These are look like great products and your photos are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness this sounds amazing!!! I will definitely be checking it out for myself. That eyeshadow palette is lush! Really enjoyed reading this xxx www.hannahscloud9.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believer that I've not heard of this website until now! I love discounted make-up so much! That palette looks sooooo expensive too even though it's not! Great photos too :)

    Sian x
    http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey beauts!

    Oh I need that palette in my life! It's beautiful!

    How have I never heard of this site before!? You know where I'm heading straight after this comment haha!

    Fab post and your photography is amazing!
    Love Rachel xx
    www.rachelxblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it seems like this site provides a great way of trying out products without shelling out the big bucks! That way if a product does make you break out, like the Elizabeth Arden cream, at least you haven't spent loads on it! I really love the Maybelline lipstick - I need to stop by Direct Cosmetics to get one of my own!

    Abbey 🌷 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this company before but I'll definitely be checking it out. The palette is stunning!
    xxx
    http://kezlablogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your swatches are so neat haha! I've never used this site, but I love a good bargain and will definitely be asking for a Cargo Vintage Escape Palette for Christmas! Maybelline for sure too, great post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of Direct Cosmetics before but it sounds like a great company! All you're picks look great, it's such a shame the Elizabeth Arden cream broke you out so badly! The palette in particular looks amazing, such gorgeous colours

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram