Autumn Beauty Essentials 2015 ♡ // MissBeautyEmily

19:35


Hey everyone ♡
So we're well into Autumn right now and it's time to get those berry shades and bronze eyeshadows out! Here are my top beauty essentials for 2015!



♡ Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream (£29.50) 
Moisturiser is a must-have all year round but especially in Autumn/Winter when your skin has to combat the cold and harsh conditions. I currently use Benefit's moisturiser in a sample size and I'm loving it. It smells like that typical highend skin care fragrance whilst the moisturiser itself is thick, creamy and blends super well on the skin. It also contains mango butter which is a natural plant-based emollient known for providing moisture.


♡ L'Oreal Paris Infallible Mattifying Base (£7.99) 
If you watch my videos on YouTube you would know that this primer is my holy grail. I am in love with this and don't think I'll ever swap it out for another (unless it's literally perfect!) Not only is it reasonably priced at under £8 but it lasts such a long time. I have only just finished my first tube and have used this since it was first released which was back in March 2015 in the UK. The primer glides on effortlessly and creates a base for your foundation and keeps it lasting throughout the day which is very useful for Autumn and Winter as weather conditions like rain & wind could really budge you makeup and that's not good at all. 


♡ L'Oreal True Match Foundation (£9.99) 
A lightweight foundation is perfect for Autumn as you don't want to feel caked in makeup during the cold months. Also, drier skin is highly likely in these months and you don't want a foundation that sticks to dry patches and lines of your skin as that's not a nice look. This foundation glides onto the skin and looks silky and flawless, it leaves an almost powdery finish. The shade range is amazing and the best I've seen in drugstore foundations. They cater for all types of colours, including undertones of warm, neutral to cool.




♡ The Balm Nude Tude Palette (£30.00) 
Deep reds, bronzes and golds are all a must for Autumn eye looks. The reason I've chosen this palette as an essential is due to the vast amount of shades it carries which means you can create endless looks. There are 12 satin-smooth shades that range from gorgeous highlight colours to deep bolds. Not only do these look stunning but they stay on practically all day and don't crease or fade away. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative, try MUA's palettes like 'Heaven and Earth' or 'Elysium' as they are both suited for this time of year.




♡ Benefit's They're Real! Mascara (£19.50) 
Mascara is a must-have for me as it really opens up my eyes and there is nothing more gorgeous than fluttery eyelashes to compliment your look, right? This Benefit mascara is definitely one of my top favourites to use as it lengthens my lashes and creates a gorgeous curl to them. Clumping is not an issue at all and I've found it to be great in wet weather which is a huge advantage for the Autumn season. 




♡ MUA Matte Lipstick in Wild Berry (£1.00) 
After covering a few high end items I bet seeing a reasonably priced drugstore item is a relief! I will admit that I do not own many autumnal shades of lipstick as I don't feel dark shades suit me all too well. However, this shade of matte lipstick was included in my MUA Halloween Goodybag that I won last month and I was very excited to try it -- it didn't disappoint! This lipstick is highly pigmented for the price and shows up as a red wine colour (despite the actual lipstick looking deep purple). It's a perfect shade for Autumn due to it's deep berry look that goes well with bronze and bold eyes. 




♡ Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Eau de Parfum (£17.00 - £38.00) 
This perfume oozes autumn vibes to me and I can't get enough of it. It is described as 'A charming and sparkling surprise of vibrant fruits, kissed by a bouquet of soft petals and a touch of sweet indulgence'.  What more could you ask for?! The bottle itself is absolutely gorgeous and I have around 1/4 left which is an achievement for me since perfumes usually last me years on end yet I've nearly finished this in 3.




♡ Soap & Glory Hand Food (£5.00) 
It's a well known fact that your skin gets dry and brittle throughout the colder months so not only should you moisture your face and body but your hands need some loving too! This hand cream from Soap and Glory is highly raved about in the British beauty community and I'm totally on the bandwagon too! It leaves my hands feeling soft and nourished whilst smelling of marshmallows, shea butter and macadamia oil. You may as well give it a try since a fiver can get you a 125ml bottle which I've had well over a year now and still have barely used up any, it's impressive.




♡ LUSH Santa's Lip Scrub (£5.20) 
Chapped lips and flawed lipstick is not a nice look at all but unfortunately the harsh conditions can really take a toll on your lips. However, I was given this scrub for Christmas a year or two ago and absolutely love it. It is cola flavoured (yum!) and you use a very small amount to scrub along your lips to get rid of dead skin cells and flakes. It works wonders and lipstick/gloss will glide on afterwards which is a huge bonus for this time of year.




♡ Maybelline Colour Show Crystallize Nail Polish in 232 Rose Chic (£3.99) 
Although matte browns, greys and berry colours are typical for this season, I like to be a little more adventurous with my nail polish. I adore this one from Maybelline which is a taupe/bronze glittery polish with silver undertones. It still contains warm tones to match with the season but the glitter just adds a bit more festivity to the look rather than a plain old matte colour. It's not too bold either so it's perfect for any type of occasion and gives a subtle look.


So those are my top 10 (that happened to be a very convenient number!) autumn beauty essentials for 2015. What are your essentials for Aumtun? Leave them below!
-- Emily xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram